- You will need to cut a piece of yellow card the same width & length of your peg. Colour little orange stripes on to this strip.
- Using a small lid of a deodorant trace around & cut out 3 circles (1 x yellow, 1 x orange & 1 x brown) brown will be the back, then orange in the middle (cut little triangles out of the orange one for his mane), then the yellow one trim slightly smaller than the other two as this is the front of his face.
- Cut some yellow & orange little strips for his mane. On the orange circle with your triangles cut out, put a round circle of craft glue, and then gently stick down the yellow & orange strips you have cut out. Once finished - take your brown circle and stick this to the back (covering the strips you have just stuck on). Now stick the smaller yellow circle on the front.
- Put two spots of craft glue on to the yellow face where you want his eyes to go and place two of your wobbly eyes on. Draw on his face with a brown/black marker. You can then add some detail around his mane with the marker if you like.
- Take your scissors & cut small triangles out of the yellow & orange strips around his mane.
- Stick the long strip with your stripes on to the peg with some craft glue, allow to try for a few seconds. Then add some craft glue to the top of your peg to stick down his face.
- Using a small lid of a deodorant trace around & cut out 1 circle in blue card.
- Cut two small white triangles (his tusks) and cut out a squiggly trunk - you can draw it on a piece of paper first if thats easier.
- For his ears you will need to cut two large butterfly shaped blue pieces and then for the inside cut two small pink butterfly shapes.
- Put some craft glue onto your circle towards the bottom where you want his trunk & tusks to go. Stick the tusks down first pointing downwards, and then add his trunk on top.
- Glue the pink bits of his ears on to the middle of his bigger blue ears, turning your circle over put a little bit of craft glue on each side of the circle where you want his ears to go. Stick the ears to the back of the circle.
- On the front of the circle above his trunk, add two little spots of glue to where you want the eyes and stick on the wobbly eyes.
- Use a black marker to add some wrinkles to his trunk, eyebrows & a little bit of hair.
- Measure & cut a strip of blue card to the same length & width of the clothes peg - stick this on to the clothes peg with some glue, let dry for a few seconds & then add some glue to the top of the peg & and stick his face down.
- Using a small lid of a deodorant trace around and cut out 1 circle in white card.
- Cut two black large triangles for his ears, and two smaller white triangles for the middle of his ears.
- For his hair cut a rectangle shape - on the one side cut some long trinagle shapes out for his hair.
- Stick your white triangles inside the black triangles for his ears, and then stick on to the back of the white circle you have cut. Do the same with the rectangle - making sure the hair is at the top and just sticking over the top of the circle so you can see it.
- On the front of his face add some glue for his eyes and stick on your wobbly eyes. Using a black marker draw on some stripes and a nose.
- Measure & cut a strip of white card to the same length & width of the clothes peg, use your black marker to add some stripes - stick this on to the clothes peg with some glue, let dry for a few seconds & then add some glue to the top of the peg & stick his face down.
- Use your pegs as part of your present wrapping to hold down a birthday card!
- Add a magnet to the back of the peg & use it on the fridge to hold reminder notes or photos!
- Put it up on the cupboard with some sticky stuff to hold pictures, paintings or
Download instructions here!
Courtesy of Christy from Crafty Bugs – Harare