YOU WILL NEED:- a pair of tommy tackies, fabric paint, fabric permanent marker, paint brush & hair dryer!
- Decide what you are going to paint on to your tackies! Remove the shoe laces.
- Use a pencil to draw on your pattern.
- Using your paint brush & fabric paint, paint on to the shoe & paint the pattern or design you want. You don’t want to use too much fabric paint, you only need a light layer of paint.
- When finished, place your shoes in the sun to dry for 30mins.
- Once your shoes are completely dry you can use your FABRIC permanent marker to make the outlines you want. Don’t use a normal permanent marker - the ink will spider on the fabric - it has to be a Fabric permanent marker.
- Once you are happy with your finished shoe you need to dry it all over with a hair dryer for about 6 mins to make the fabric paint set!
Fabric Paints & Markers - you can buy these at the framing centre in Sam Levy’s village
Bata - have various sizes of tommy tackies available - for smaller children they have coloured tommy tackies but you can always paint onto those or use your fabric marker to decorate them.
IDEAS: Boys can paint footballs or paint them green, blue & purple & then fabric marker fish, cars or trains. Girls could do butterflies, rainbow polka dots, patterns etc. You can also add some fabric paint with glitter to make them sparkly!
Download instructions here!
Courtesy of Christy from Crafty Bugs - Harare.