You will need:
- orange butter icing
- piping bag with large hole nozzle
- orange and green fondant
- orange sprinkles (optional)
How to make your Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- Ice your cupcakes with some butter icing.Using a large hole nozzle - fill a piping bag with orange butter icing. Pipe in a circular motion around the cupcake starting from the outside and working your way in.
- Put some of your sprinkles in a bowl and gently lift your cupcake upside down and role it into the sprinkles to cover the whole cake.
- Role some orange strips of fondant, cut them half the circumference of your cake and gently place them to meet in to the middle. Once you have 6 strips equally placed around your cupcake, using the back of a paintbrush push a hole into the middle of the cake where the strips meet.
- With your paintbrush use a little bit of water to put in the hole you have made - slightly dampening the fondant.
- Take your green fondant & role a short stem & place into the hole. Now take some green fondant & role some thin strips for the vines, gently stick them next to the stem, and twist to make the vine effect.
Chocolate Spiderweb Cupcakes
You will need:
- orange butter icing in a piping bag with round nozzle
- milk chocolate
- piping bag
- bowl of steaming hot water
- grease proof paper
- a marker pen
How to make your Chocolate Spiderweb Cupcakes:
- Boil some water and place it in a glass bowl, using a piping bag break
up some of your chocolate into the piping bag & place in the water
bowl to melt. Make sure no water can get into the piping bag.
- While your chocolate is melting take your grease proof paper and
using a marker pen draw some spider webs on to the paper.
- Once your spider webs are drawn & your chocolate is completely
melted take a pair of scissors and snip a TINY hole into the bottom of
the piping bag. Now gently pipe over the drawings you have made with
the chocolate. Making sure they are not too thin. Once finished pop
them in the freezer lying flat.
- Using the same round hole nozzle with orange butter icing in your
piping bag - now pipe your cupcakes in a circular motion working from
the outside in. You can sprinkle with glitter if you wish.
- Once your chocolate has been in the freezer for about 10-15mins it
should be solid again, gently gently take it out - and with great care,
press under the paper to lift your spider webs and place them on to
the cake. Careful as they are very fragile & if its hot they melt very
quickly. You can always pop the cakes into the freezer for a little while
afterwards to freeze the chocolate again before your serve them.
Download printable instructions for Halloween cupcakes
(Courtesy of The Cupcake Studio)