Muesli bars are an easy snack to drop into your kids' lunch boxes.
|½ cup (125ml) honey||1 cup sultanas|
|¼ cup caster sugar||½ cup chopped apricots, dates or choc chips|
|125g butter||½ cup desiccated coconut|
|3 cups rolled oats||¼ cup sunflower or sesame seeds|
|1 cup Rice Crispies|
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line a slice tray (mine is 31 cm x 22cm) with baking paper.
- Combine honey, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour over the hot syrup and stir to combine.
- Spoon into prepared pan and press firmly to make sure the mixture will stick together.
- I wet my fingers with a bit of cold water and press the top to get a smooth finish.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and then refrigerate until well chilled and cut into 24 slices (about 2cm x 6cm).