|Newlands Kindergarten / German School Society
10 Argyll Drive
Tel: +263 4 746470 / 0772 106404
Located within the serene Highlands area, the Newlands Kindergarten is run by the German School Society that was established in 1992.
Our ultimate goal is to holistically accompany and support our children as they develop in their formative years.
Adventure awaits our children in our classrooms and especially in our spacious, beautiful garden as they engage in games, art and movement as processes of learning. Nature is said to be the best teacher - and our methods of engaging with our children reinforce just that as we seek to stimulate all their senses and inspire their imagination and motivate them to creative expressions and imaginations.
- Children from 18 months considered
- Up to Grade 0 with special Grade 1 preparation
- Beneficial child : teacher ratio
- Experienced and qualified teachers
- Full day care including lunch and snack -Termly consultation days
- Exciting weekly schedule with Arts and Craft, Computers, German lessons, Music, Swimming, Gymnastics, Cooking and Nutrition
Our curriculum is in line with the Zimbabwe National Preschool. It caters for all your child's cognitive, sensory and social development needs.
Our nutritious lunch and an afternoon snack are included in our affordable fees.
Educational trips, End of Year Concert, Graduation Celebration and Sports Day take place during the course of the year, which give the children the opportunity to show their learning and progress to their parents. Termly reports and graduation certificates are issued.
|What We Offer:
- An inspiring and adventurous world for children in our rooms and garden, that can be experienced with all the senses
- Looking at games, art, and movement as processes of natural learning which is key to our daily routine
- Using natural materials and not manufactured toys to inspire the child's imagination and motivate them to creative expressions and actions
- Encouraging children to unfold their interests and abilities autonomously and on their own initiative
- Confirming/reinforcing children in their independent actions that build and strengthen their self-confidence and their self-consciousness
- Supporting their social behaviour by giving them an opportunity to solve conflicts in a self-responsible way and assisting them if necessary in learning consideration for others.
- German Lessons
- Cooking and Nutrition
- Arts and Craft
- Singing and Rhythm
Home Newlands Kindergarten